How to Export Trades From Your Online Broker
This guide is setup to help guide you to the right spot on the majority of broker websites to download exported trades in CSV (excel) format so they can be uploaded to another service like StockTradingToGo Premium.
If you do not see your broker in this list or cannot feel this guide could be improved, please feel free to email me.
Brokers are listed in alphabetical order.
- Login to your Charles Schwab account.
- Under the main menu “Accounts”, click “History”.
- Make sure you are on the “Transactions” tab and not the “Statements & Reports” or “Realized Gain / Loss” tabs.
- Click the “Edit Filter” to select only “Trades”, Select desired Date Range, click “Search”.
- With the Trades appearing, click the “Export” link in the top right corner next to “Refresh” and “Print”.
- Login to your ETRADE account.
- Under the main menu, click on “Accounts” then the sub-menu link “Tax & Accounts Records”.
- In the 1st box, “Brokerage Account Statements & Records”, click on “Trade Confirmations”.
- Click the link on the right “Export your 2013 trades to Microsoft Excel” or use the menu below to select a custom date range and export thereafter.
- Login to your Fidelity Investments account.
- From your homepage displaying your accounts, click the “Select action” pulldown and select “History”.
- Select your time period, then click the “Download” link in the upper right corner between “Help/Glossary” and “Print”.
- Login to your Firtrade account.
- Click on My Accounts in the main menu, then click on “Tax Center” in the far right sub menu.
- In the center of the page you will see the options to select your account and date range. After setting, click the “Excel CSV files” image to download your CSV file.
- Login to your Interactive Brokers account, Account Management area.
- In the main menu, click on “Reports”, then “Trade Confirmations”.
- Click “Create New Flex Query”
- Name the Query, select text file as export type (TXT), select date range and from the “Available Fields” choose the following: TradeDate, Symbol, Buy/Sell, Price, Quantity, Commission.
- Save the Query.
- Run the Query.
- Copy and paste the text file into Microsoft Excel. File –> Save as –> select “Comma Delimited (CSV)” for Save as Type, choose a name then Save.
- Login to your OptionsHouse account.
- Click on “Account Activity” at the bottom center of the screen.
- With the “Account Activity” window now opened, click the “Export” icon in the upper right to export your trade history into CSV format.
- Login to your OptionsXpress account.
- Hover over main menu link “Account” then click on “Activity”.
- Select your period, leave the “Type” as All Trades, click “Go”. Screenshot below.
- With your trade history now present, the “Download” link will be available. Download in the default setting Microsoft Excel.
- The file will download as an ordinary excel file. To convert it into CSV format, open it, then go File –> Save as –> select “Comma Delimited (CSV)” for Save as Type, choose a name then Save.
- Login to your Scottrade account.
- In the main menu, click on “My Account”.
- Click on “Account History” in the left sidebar.
- Select your date range, and for “Transactions” select “Trades”, then click “Go” and “Export to Excel” on the right side.
- Login to your ShareBuilder account.
- Under main menu “Accounts”, click “Transaction History”.
- In the right sidebar box “Download Account Activity”, select Microsoft Excel (CSV) from the dropdown menu then click “Download”.
- Login to your TD Ameritrade account.
- Hover over “My Account” in the main navigation menu and click on “Transactions”.
- You should now be on the History & Statements page. Change “Type” to “Trades”, set the date/range, then click “Download”.
- Login to your TradeKing account.
- Hover over “My Accounts” in the main navigation menu, then hover over “My Account Records” and click “Download Data”.
- Under “Choose Format”, select “Excel” then next to “Choose Data” select “Activity”. Click Download.
- Login to your tradeMONSTER account.
- Load up the tradeMONSTER trading application.
- Hover over main menu “Account”, then click on “History”.
- Set your time range, then click “Go”.
- With your trades appearing, click the export button in the upper right hand corner (screenshot below) to export your trades in CSV format.
- Login to your TradeStation account.
- Click on “Client Center” in the top right corner to access the TradeStation Client Center.
- Click on main menu item “Accounts”.
- Click on “Trades & Other Transactions” in the left sidebar.
- Select a range, then for Format select “Microsoft Excel” and for Transaction Type select “Trades”. Finally, click “View / Download”.